Child Visitation help in Brooklyn

How can I get visitation with my child in Brooklyn NYC? Do I need the help of a lawyer?

Many parents feel a great deal of guilt over the way their marriage or relationship with their significant other ended. When there are kids involved, this may complicate the situation and result in a lot of hard feelings and anxiety for both parents.

 A custodial parent may try to turn your child or children against you or may refuse to let you see your children. Does this sound familiar? Sound like a scenario that applies to you? 

The court sometimes has to step in when children are being put in the middle of "grown up" relationship problems. As long as the non-custodial parent is fit, the Courts quickly give non-custodial parents reasonable visitation rights with their children. The courts will not deprive a biological parent reasonable and meaningful access to their children unless there are exceptional circumstances (such as there is substantial evidence that visitation would be detrimental to the welfare of the child or that a parent in some manner has forfeited his or her right to such access) to do so.

The Courts want to see that the relationship between a child and the non-custodial parent grows and are generally against interfering with the development of the relationship between the non-custodial parent and their children. Fight for your rights as a parent and get involved with your children! Do not take a passive role! Your children need you more than ever. Contact Law Offices of Mindin & Mindin, P.C. at 718-785-3292 for a free consultation.